I unknowingly sabotaged my previous weight loss efforts. How you may ask? Was I eating right? More times than not. Was I exercising? I was doing an okay job of that. As a matter of fact, I had cut down on all the right things. Sugar consumption? Down. Junk food? Down. Where is the sabotage in that? See, I cut down on everything that was detrimental to losing weight except one thing. I had one remaining vice. I know what you’re thinking. If it wasn’t sugar, soda, or junk food then what in the world was it? Well, I’m glad you asked. The one thing that I had yet to give up was the one thing that was guaranteed to derail my weight loss success. That thing, that vice was excuses
No time, too busy, high gas prices,don’t like going to the gym, don’t have money for a gym membership, eating healthy cost more, etc.
All those are valid excuses. I absolutely get it. I’ve used them all at one point. (If not more)
- No time – We all have 24 hours in a day. No one I know has 23 or 25 hours in a day.
- Too busy – Spend more time on productive things than busy things.
- Gas prices – Jog, walk, ride your bike in your neighborhood. Requires no gas.
- Don’t like going to the gym – workout at home. You can get an effective workout at home without equipment.( p90x, insanity, zumba, wii fit, aerobic tapes – do they still make tapes?)
- No money for gym – 1) I like the gym but it’s not a requirement to lose weight. 2) See previous line
- Healthy food too expensive – Incorporate less expensive ideas. Frozen veggies, take the skin off the chicken before eating, eat smaller portions
All I’m saying is we all have excuses we can use. Choose not to use them. Choose to figure out how to take steps daily to get closer to your weight loss goals. Can you do that for me?